My New Book Living More Than OK

My New Book Living More Than OK
purchase it at B & N, Amazon or (click on image of cover)

Monday, October 16, 2023

Fighting Back Against Negative Words

I was contemplating why in recent years it has been hard for me to do a post on my blog. Thinking it through I remembered even though I blamed my halting on my stress of doing my dissertation and home issues there was something deeper. Back when I was writing the blog in a regular fashion someone important to me keep saying that doing the blog was a waste of my time. No one really read it and it would never make any money. So the argument was why waste time writing it. I had forgotten all about those statements after I stopped writing in my blog. Recently remembering the comments reminded me how depressed I got at that time and figured the person was right. As I thought over the negative words I began to think at that time, that the words were right so I allowed those negative words to win and stopped writing. I rethought this all after receiving an email from another blogger who enjoys what he writes about. He doesn’t have a big following but has very good content and provides helpful thoughts on the spiritual sphere of life. I will be sharing about one of his books in the near future. His sharing about why he blogs made me think of how I caved into the negative thoughts on my “wasting time” blogging. It was true I did not have many people who read my blog but there were some who did. I even received some good comments along the way. As for money which is one negative set of words received I realized I wasn’t doing it for money. Instead it was for sharing my thoughts on books I had read. The hope was like my book, Living More Than OK, I would be able to share more resources of positive books so people could build their lives in a better way. My feeling back then was even if what I wrote helped even one person to have a better journey in their life, the time and effort was worth it. So I will fight back against the negativity and get back to regularly posting each week. I find it amazing how accepting negativity from others can alter things we enjoy. I enjoy reading and I enjoy sharing principles and ideas from books I find helpful. That is why in my book, Living More Than OK, as I looked at positive psychology and spiritual principles I included in each essay a number of helpful book resources for people to do further research on the various topics. So my blogging journey will continue forward with new renewed purpose. Reflection: Has negativity from others ever stopped you from following things you enjoy or a dream you had? What can you do to renew your pursuit of things you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment